Words

Words

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Perceptions on Maturity

They say that Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Well, I say that Maturity is in the eyes of the beholder as well.

Many people have a different a perception towards maturity,
some think that a person who gets affronted by a casual joke is immature,
but on the other hand,
everyone's perception towards a 'casual joke' is different.

Some may think that a person who collects Hello Kittys are immature,
but on the other hand,
everyone has different passions, likes and dislikes.

Some may think that girls who pout because their boyfriends are too busy working to be with them are immature,
but then everybody has different personalities,
some are independent and don't mind being left alone sometimes while others mind very much.

"Immaturity" is another form of an ideal you push upon others.

The truth is, everyone has a different perception on maturity and also a different way of showing it.

Fuck you if you think I'm immature for not taking your bad joke well.
Fuck you if you think I'm immature because I ask silly questions.
Fuck you if you think I'm immature for not liking it when you stare at me with that fucked up ugly ass expression.
And FUCK YOU if you think I'm immature for getting affronted at you not spending time with me.

Everyone is different.
If you took the time to see it,
you would see that I DO take your bad jokes well.
you would see that I ask those things because I just want to say what's on my mind.
you would see that I DO tolerate your fucked up ugly ass expression.
But I DO NOT appreciate your current attitude.
I DO NOT OWE YOU FUCK.

mature, immature, mature, immature, mature, immature, mature, immature

In the end, they're just words that have different meanings to different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment