Words

Words

Sunday, August 5, 2012

06.08.12

Sometimes I think I can make it,
not being in love with you.
But sometimes I falter,
which I expect will happen often.

Sometimes I think it's better,
to let go entirely and release us from these chains.
But sometimes I think we can still do what we promised,
and be BFFs

Sometimes it gets so hard,
and I try to keep above it
to keep my finger from pressing 'play'
so that I can heard your voice again

Sometimes I try to ignore my phone,
when the button lights up
and the possibility that it's you is high
and try to dismiss the irritating disappointment when it's not
and tell myself I chose this
and tell myself that it's better this way
for me and you
and you and her
and me and me

But when we talk,
about things we used to before it all,
it's like a drug I crave
a luxury I can no longer hope for

And I tell myself,
it's not that bad
it's not that bad
it's not that bad
it's a choice that had to be made

Sometimes it works
and then it wears off
and I press play again
and then I close my eyes
and I've survived another day
without you and me

Today though, is a cheat day.
Because of LCW :P

No comments:

Post a Comment