Words

Words

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Withdrawal

Withdrawal, it can occur as early as a few days after you stop using the addictive material.

The usual time period it takes me to reattach myself to my addiction is more or less 8 hours.
Just time enough for me to go to sleep and get up.
That is barely enough time for the withdrawal symptoms to hit.
But this time, I have been without for more than 12 hours.
14? 16? 20?
I don't know.
It just seems too long.
Yet so short.

I wonder if withdrawal symptoms are the same for everyone.
I wonder if everyone stares at the picture of the cause of their addiction and daze off.
Do they switch on their Skype when they know the item of their addiction is asleep and stare at the screen?
Do they log on to messaging apps and stare at the screen and the time stamp?

I'm addicted to you.

I'm trying to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment