Words

Words

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Piranha 3DD

So, got a couple of tickets to see the premiere of Piranha 3DD.
Was really psyched to be one of the first in Malaysia to watch it so invited some friends as well.

::::::Was a waste of my 1+ hours.
::::::Gimme back my life.

First, the Bitching!
Don't take me wrong, I do like gore and all that sometimes, and I like blood and guts on occasion, but not senseless violence and a less than provocative plot.
Overall, it feels like it was done because it was expected to be done.
Does that make sense?
The whole 1+ hours (below 1 and a half not including bloopers and all that) was very rushed and the plot was sooooo straight forward. There were no surprises or twists in the plot. (Unless you take into account the walking fish, where I went like...ok... & the guy plowing over the girl which was still clique and not particularly 'ooooowh!!' inspiring)
Another bone I have to pick with this movie is, I guess it's on behalf of all the guys who were watching it for the wrong (or right) reasons >>> There were in fact only two pairs of D cups in the whole movie.
Which might be why they called it 3doubleD = 2 D cups.

On the plus side!
Wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but definitely not my genre.
Liked the music nearing the end during the feeding frenzy.
Nothing like comical music to set the mood for blood and gore and flying guts and body parts.
I liked it that they tried to insert some comedy into the nonsensical violence.

ALSO! 
Proud to say, our censoring boards seem to be loosening up,
some parts that would usually have been edited and censored were not.
Or maybe this just shows clever editing and dialogue writing by the production team.

All in all, still a waste of my time.
But can't say I regret it because I don't make it a point of regretting what's past.
My motto: Bitch and move past it

So this is me Bitching, 
and this is me Moving Past It.
So long Piranhas.



No comments:

Post a Comment