Words

Words

Thursday, June 7, 2012

An Uber Bad Experience

We see these posts about how girls should be careful at parking lots and all that, but how many of us really pay attention? I know I don't.

I always thought that it would never happen to me and that I'm smart enough and scary-looking enough to avoid that. But it seems that wasn't the case.

I went to SS2 mall today. When I was on my way back to the carpark, I noticed two rather big sized Indian men in front of me. One of them nudged the other and said something excitedly while gesturing in my direction. I though they were gesturing to the electronics store behind me and ignored them, turning left towards the long isolated walkway that lead towards the parking lot.

Before the heavy door could completely close behind me, I heard it open again and heard fast footsteps behind me. Two voices called out "Amoi! Amoi!" "Ei! Cantik!"

You have no idea how scary it is, to be alone and vulnerable and to have two creeps following you with God-knows-what intentions in their head.

I walked as fast as I could. As the footsteps came nearer and faster, I dashed for the door in front of me and ran up the stairs, not caring where I went, as long as I put some distance between us.

I ended up at an empty parking lot about three floors up where my car was. The parking lot below it was empty too and I had no idea where I was. There were no sounds at all. I walked ahead, hoping to get somewhere familiar, always looking back to see if they had followed me.

I ended up walking along the car ramps leading from one parking lot to the other until I found a more populated lot and finally, my car.

There are no words to exactly describe the experience. I just know I never want to be in such a situation ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment