Words

Words

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A circle


A circle;
made up of familiar people and familiar things.
It's comforting.
But it is also a prison.
I do not know how to operate outside the circle;
like a machine missing a big cogwheel;
function is impaired.
Taking refuge in this circle also equates to being trapped in the circle.
What happens when the circle fails?
I draw a smaller one.
and then a smaller one
and then a smaller one
until, before i realise it,
i'm trapped so tight i can hardly breath.

A circle.

My circle.

I should get out from the circle.

But.....

The warmth and security offered by the circle draws me.
And so i huddle in the center of the circle once again.
Closing my eyes and slowing down my breath.
Slumbers in peace.
Until a ripple disturbs my circle again.
and i will draw a smaller circle once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment