Words

Words

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Melacca Trip (13-14/8)



Went to Malacca for the weekend.
(P.S. It was the Ghost Festival. Hahaha~~)
Although not really in the mood to blog, seems like such a shame not to write down this beautiful memory^^
In a sense, this trip has fulfilled at least 2 of my dreams.
1) To go to the beach
2) *private* (muahahha~~)

I went to Padang Kemunting Sea with my friend and his housemates whom i did not know at all to see sea turtles lay eggs.
I was quite apprehensive at first...What kind of people would they be? Will they be fun or pains-in-the-asses? Luckily they turned out to be the perfect sort of people to be with on a trip.
There was the motherly kind, the goofy jokester, the patient and caring type, the emo but kind, the mature big brother and the personal caretaker.
The drive there was full of loud music, singalong-oldies and also continuous blurring of the eyes as we tried to find 5 differences in a picture on an S2 while on the drive.
The journey there was longer than i remembered from last year, but then i was the driver back then, so i guess time went by faster.
We went to this rural area called Kemunting.
The rest of them had earlier booked rooms at a resort called Ismah Resort. (If that place can be called a resort....0.0 It was basically a few rooms stringed together and the only amenities were a small stage and gathering area and also a swimming pool where if i stood up, only my knees would be in the water.)
But all in all, it was a really nice place, quiet and relatively clean. (If you don't count in the ants on the walls and the cockroach that scared one of the girls half to death.)
The manager there was really nice too. He stayed way past he was due off just to wait for us. And since the rooms were already booked the day before, he had stored up some baby sea-turtles for us to release into the ocean.

Baby Sea Turtles!!!
They're so TINY! And so CUTE! I held one between my fingers and could feel its heartbeat on my thumb. The poor thing must have had been having a heart attack. What's more amazing was the fact that i could actually feel its heartbeat. I guess its shell wasn't hard enough yet...Hope the poor thing fares well in the ocean...The manager said v could come back in 20years to see them lay eggs and asked us to name em(he gave us 2 each to set free).
I named mine.....(tada! suprise!) Banana and Milk. Hehehe...In loving memory of my deceased hamsters. (May they RIP)

The manager told us that the sea turtles would most probably be coming up to shore at about 1am to 5am.
So they decided to go to back and lepak for a while and then go for supper at 11am and then sit and wait for the sea turtles to come~

So ladida~~

Conclusion, the sea turtles did not come...=.=
4 of us stood watch from 1am to 2+am, then gave up and left 1 sentinel there. That loyal sentinel stayed apparently stayed for 15 more minutes and left. But he was the driver, and the driver can NEVER be blamed. (Unless you want to take a bus back to KL...=.=)(But then to be fair, he was really tired...Should have seen his face the next day...Just like a zombie...0.0 )

Morning at the Beach!!!!
The next morning, i had a wonderfully leisurely stroll along the beach~
Felt the wind on my face~
~the waves rushing against my feet; wetting my pants and potentially ruining them with salty sea water~
~sat on a tree branch; and hit my head on the tree post~
~drew some pictures in the sand~
~wore a flower in my hair; and lost it~
~collected seashells; while mourning the loss of the most beautiful ones..because unfortunately, they were 'occupied'..=.=~
~and did my 3 Shot assignment; Miss Foo!! If you ever see this, this is evidence of how hardworking i am!! Muahahah.....~

After we checked out, we went to the town to have Rice Balls, Laksa, and Mille Crepe.
I was all for shopping. But they seemed to be more interested in eating. Which is really a good thing because i had a taste of a lot of things i would never have had eaten if i had been alone.^^

In the end, we reached KL at bout 8pm and i terus dove into my assignments and preparation for my presentation.

All in all, it was really a great experience. I met a lot of really great and fun people, tried out new things, went to the beach, and let loose. ^^

I need to go to the ocean again!!! Soon!!!

(Sad remark....Eventhough we went to Jonker street....It wasn't night so i didn't get to eat my curly potatoes...........TT)

No comments:

Post a Comment