Words

Words

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pop Music. Yuck...0.0

What on earth is happening to music?

I believe a lot of people have the same habit of leaving their radios on when you turn off the car engine, so when you restart your engine, the first thing you hear is blaring music from your stereo.

When I started my car just now, the first tune that blared at me was “boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy friend, your boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy friend”, (trust me, there is a youtube video out there going "girl girl girl girl girl girl girl girl girl girl girl friend =.=) within 2 seconds, immense irritation caused me to change the station. I was then greeted with Eminem and Dr. Dre’s “I need a Doctor”.

That song is so abused by the radio that you can now hear it playing about twice an hour. The song is acceptable by itself (for the first 3 times you hear it), but with all the bleeped out foul language in the song, it’s just plain irritating. Why on earth would a song that focuses on Dr. Dre’s incredible foul-word-incorporated rapping skills be aired on radio so many times when you know the foul words MUST be bleeped out??? It makes no sense at all.

So then I changed to a Chinese station. I was lucky enough to hear the beginning of the song instead of the chorus, but the opening itself made me open my mouth in horror. Mostly, songs only reach the irritating level in their choruses, but this song gets the cake. It was so badly written that I switched off my radio at the third line.

The song started with “Why are your eyes avoiding my eyes?”

In chinese: 为什么你的眼睛避着我的眼睛?

Excuse me, do you lack better words to explain the situation? It sounds so tacky and…cheap…0.0

Why can’t music go back to its roots? When the songs actually tell a story, when the lyrics actually made sense and the radio didn’t abuse songs so much.

Some of the few pop-culture artists I like are Taylor Swift and Eminem. Their songs always tell stories, and they seldom repeat their lines needlessly, especially Eminem.

Bands like The Fray, Snow Patrol and Life House are some of the good ole’ makers of music. Their songs never get old and every time you listen to them, you get a new revelation.

Why can’t music go back to being that? Sign…I’m scared of my radio now…too much ridiculous music might rot my brain….0.0

No comments:

Post a Comment